A NASA tour is a great way to learn first-hand about the various programs running at NASA’s Eastern Shore Wallops Flight Facility.
Nasa Tour Group Eligibility:
The NASA tour group must be able to answer YES to ALL of the questions listed below in order to start the scheduling process.
- Is the tour group a non-profit, public or private, educational, or civic group?
- Is everyone at least 4th-grade level (9 years) attending the tour
- If your students are K-3rd grade, please contact the Events & Outreach Coordinator to find out what field trip options are available for your group.
- Does the group have its own transportation to fit in 1 vehicle with room for one badged escort?
- Is the group attending the tour with a minimum of 8 participants?
- Is the group attending the tour with a maximum of 20 participants? * If there are more than 20 participants in a group.
- Can Wallops on a Tuesday or Thursday tour of the group?
- Is at least 4 weeks out the date you are interested in? * It must be at least 5 weeks off for groups with foreign nationals.
To know about Full form of NASA, please refer to the link given- https://jmjtravels.com/full-form-of-nasa/
What if I don’t qualify for a tour for my group?
A visit to the Visitor Centre is a great alternative after evaluating your group’s eligibility based on the guidelines.
Options for NASA tour groups with more than 20 Participants: The group has the following options available if the group has more than the maximum number of participants allowed for a tour:
Option 1: The whole group can take part in a Wallops Island driving tour as long as everyone fits in 1 vehicle with room for a badged escort.
Option 2: The group may visit a maximum of 40 members for 2 half-day tours, but the group will not be able to buy lunch at the base cafeteria.
Option 3: The group can visit on a daily basis for 2 full-day tours with up to 20 participants.
For Nasa Tour Educational package, please refer to the link given: http://bit.ly/nasaeducationaltour